Earl Talbot's Hound, Thomasine
- Additional Title(s):
A Greyhound Standing, Facing Left
- Materials & Techniques:
- Graphite, watercolor, gouache and chalk on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 16 5/8 x 19 inches (42.2 x 48.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Earl Talbot Hound | [...]"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower right: "J Linnell 1839"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | dog (animal) | greyhound | hunting dog | profile
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Linnell, 1792–1882, British, Earl Talbot's Hound, Thomasine, 1839
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.