- The Virgin and Child
- Line engraving, etching and stipple engraving on medium, moderately textured, beige, laid paper
- Sheet: 13 1/4 × 9 11/16 inches (33.7 × 24.6 cm), Plate: 9 × 6 5/8 inches (22.9 × 16.8 cm), and Image: 7 3/4 × 6 1/8 inches (19.7 × 15.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "[...]1718"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "15/"
Lettered, lower left: "Wandeih pinx. | Voll ye II 53"; lettered, lower right: "F.Bartolozzi delet Sculps. | Published July 16th 1770 | by, J. Boydell in Cheapside"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- baby | children | coat of arms | mother | oval | portrait | religious and mythological subject | virgin
- Associated People:
Jesus Christ (7-2 BC/BCE to 30-36 AD/CE)
Dyck, Sir Anthony Van (1599–1641), painter and etcher
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), The Virgin and Child, 1770
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.