- Additional Title(s):
HEBE. From an Original Picture in the Collection of Sr. John Dick Bart.
- Mezzotint and etching on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 7/16 x 9 1/16 inches (29 x 23 cm), Plate: 8 15/16 x 6 11/16 inches (22.7 x 17 cm), and Image (oval): 6 15/16 x 5 1/2 inches (17.7 x 13.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on front, lower left: "With love [...] 0/6 for the two"; lower right: "Proof"; inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "Juer 1482"
Lettered, brown ink, center left (along oval): "A. Kauffman Pinx.t"; center (along oval): "Walker Excudit"; center right (along oval): "F. Bartolozzi Sculp"; lower center: "HEBE. | From an Original Picture in the Collection of S,,r In.o Dick Bar,,t | London Published Nov.r 1.st 1782 by J. Walker N.o 148 Strand"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- (story of) Hebe (Juventas) - attributes | bird | bracelet | building | cloth | clouds | curls | dress | flowers (plants) | goddess | hair | mythology | pitcher | portrait | religious and mythological subject | shell | talons | urn | woman
- Associated People:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Hebe, 1782
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.