- Mezzotint and etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 15/16 x 7 13/16 inches (27.8 x 19.8 cm), Plate: 6 x 4 7/16 inches (15.2 x 11.2 cm), and Image: 4 x 3 3/16 inches (10.1 x 8.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on front, lower left: "B[...] [...] unfinished"; inscribed in graphite on back, lower center: "IV/IV Juer 109"
Lettered, black ink, center left along image: "Ang. Kauffman inv."; center right along image: "F. Bartolozzi Sculp."; center: "SINCERITY. | Publish'd Oct [very faint]: 1st, 1781 by W. Palmer N.o 159 Strand."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cloth | curls | dress | engraving | feather | noblewoman | oval | portrait | profile | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Sincerity, 1781
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.