- Stipple engraving on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 15/16 x 7 13/16 inches (27.8 x 19.8 cm), Plate: 6 x 4 7/16 inches (15.2 x 11.2 cm), Image: 4 x 3 3/16 inches (10.1 x 8.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on front, lower left: "B[...] [...] unfinished"; inscribed in graphite on back, lower center: "IV/IV Juer 109"
Lettered, black ink, center left along image: "Ang. Kauffman inv."; center right along image: "F. Bartolozzi Sculp."; center: "SINCERITY. | Publish'd Oct [very faint]: 1st, 1781 by W. Palmer N.o 159 Strand."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cloth | curls | dress | engraving | feather | noblewoman | oval | portrait | profile | woman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Sincerity, 1781
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.