Sir Henry Clinton
- Stipple engraving on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- 10 7/8 x 7 15/16 inches (27.6 x 20.1 cm), 6 3/4 x 5 1/8 inches (17.1 x 13 cm), and 3 3/8 x 2 5/8 inches (8.6 x 6.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "434 | 16 (horizontal line separating 434 and 16) | 17/"; on back, lower right: "1765 Juer | ? Sir H Clinton | (IR31/785a) | [u-shaped mark] | 5"
Lettered in brown ink, center left: "Painted by J. Smart"; center right: "Engraved by F. Bartolozzi"; lower center: "London, Publish'd 8th. October 1780, for Watson & Dickinson No. 158, New Bond Street."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- army | costume | curls | general | man | officer (military officer) | oval | politician | portrait
- Associated People:
- Clinton, Sir Henry (1730–1795), army officer
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Sir Henry Clinton, 1780
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.