- Additional Title(s):
John Dunning, 1st Baron Ashburton
- Materials & Techniques:
- Mezzotint and etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 × 8 7/8 inches (27.9 × 22.6 cm), Image: 7 15/16 × 6 5/8 inches (20.2 × 16.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper left: "h o | 10 [underlined]"; on back, lower center: "Juer 1778"; on back, lower right: "148 | (IR31/802a) | [...] - I - O"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- baron | barrister | coat | costume | lawyer | magistrate | man | oval | politician | portrait | wig
- Associated People:
- Dunning, John, first Baron Ashburton (1731–1783), barrister and politician
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), John Dunning, 1787
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.