Dr. John Fothergill
- Stipple engraving in brown ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 13 1/8 x 9 5/8 inches (33.3 x 24.5 cm), Plate: 9 3/16 x 6 5/16 inches (23.4 x 16 cm), and Image (oval): 4 5/16 x 3 3/8 inches (10.9 x 8.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "Juer 1790 (IR31/8132) 2/6"
Lettered, in brown ink, center left under oval: "R.d Livesay pines."; center right under oval: "F. Bartolozzi sculp:"; center: "JOHN FOTHERGILL."; lower center: "Published as the Act Directs Jan.y 12 1782 by R. Livesay"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buttons | coat | medicine | oval | physician | portrait | science | wig
- Associated Places:
- England | United Kingdom
- Associated People:
- Fothergill, John (1712–1780), physician and naturalist
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Dr. John Fothergill, 1782
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.