- View of HRH the Princess Elizabeth's Cottage at Old Windsor with a View of the Moss House Below
- Hand colored aquatint with etching on moderately thick, brown, smooth wove paper
- Sheet: 15 3/16 x 16 1/16 inches (38.5 x 40.8 cm) and Image: 11 9/16 x 15 1/2 inches (29.3 x 39.3 cm)
Lettered, lower left: "D. Cox del. | Shepards now is the Month of the May, | In a band let our village unite, | To you Cottage with flowers let us stray, | The Mansion of rural delight; | What a beautious elysium around, | Here peace and simplicity reign, | Here the birds an asylum have found, | And with carols enliven the scene;"; lower center: "The Moss House | To Her Royal Highness the Pricess Elizabeth, This View of Her Royal Highness' Cottage, at Old Windsor, | is by permission, dedicated by Her Royal Highness' most dutiful, and devoted Servants, L&J Fuller. | London Published May 22, 1812, by S&J Fuller, at the Temple of Fancy, Rathbone Place"; lower right: "O may verdure for ever appear | Unfading the verdure of spring. | No tempest be heard through the year, But Zephyr with health on his wing; | Sweet Cottage our chaplets receive, | Whom with envy 'een cites must see, | When Eliza can Palaces leave, | For the charms of retirement in thee."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | cottage | house | landscape | trees | view
- Associated Places:
- Berkshire | England | Old Windsor | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James Clark, 19th century, View of HRH the Princess Elizabeth's Cottage at Old Windsor with a View of the Moss House Below, 1812
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.