- John Henderson as Iago
- before 1786
- Mezzotint on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 15/16 x 8 7/16 inches (27.8 x 21.4 cm) and Image: 4 5/8 x 3 3/4 inches (11.7 x 9.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "(IR31/837a)"; on back, lower center: "Juer 1808"; on back, lower right: "7/6"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- actor | costume | head | literary theme | man | officer (military officer) | oval | play | soldier | The Tragedy of Othello, the Moor of Venice, play by William Shakespeare | tragedy
- Associated People:
- Iago (character in Othello, the Moor of Venice)
Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
Henderson, John (bap. 1747, d. 1785), actor
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), John Henderson as Iago, before 1786
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.