Natalis Thomas Maggi
- Stipple engraving and etching on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 13 x 10 3/8 inches (33 x 26.4 cm), Plate: 10 7/8 x 8 7/8 inches (27.6 x 22.6 cm), and Image (oval): 4 3/4 x 3 3/4 inches (12 x 9.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "687 | 14 (horizontal line separating 687 and 14) | 916"; on back, lower right: "1764 Juer | 1843 | (IR31/868)"
Lettered in black ink, along lower left border of oval image: "B. Rebecca delin."; along lower right border of oval image: "F. Bartolozzi sculp."; lower center: "London Pubd. June 20, 1788 by Molteno, Colnaghi & Co. No. 132 Pall Mall"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- book | coat | costume | cravat | man | musician | oval | portrait
- Associated People:
- Maggi, Natalis Thomas (1735–1787), musician
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Natalis Thomas Maggi, 1788
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.