- Former Title(s):
Natalis Thomas Maggi
- Stipple engraving and etching on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- 13 x 10 3/8 inches (33 x 26.4 cm), 10 7/8 x 8 7/8 inches (27.6 x 22.6 cm), and 4 3/4 x 3 3/4 inches (12 x 9.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "687 | 14 (horizontal line separating 687 and 14) | 916"; on back, lower right: "1764 Juer | 1843 | (IR31/868)"
Lettered, lower left: "B. Rebecca delin."; lettered, lower right: "F. Bartolozzi sculp."; lettered, lower center: "London Pubd. June 20.1788 by Molteno, Colnaghi & Co. No.132 Pall Mall"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- book | coat | costume | cravat | man | musician | oval | portrait
- Associated People:
- Maggi, Natalis Thomas (1735–1787), musician
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Thomas Maggi, 1788
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.