George James Riddell
- Former Title(s):
Portrait of Lt. J. G. Riddell
- Materials & Techniques:
- Stipple engraving and red ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 1/8 × 6 1/8 inches (20.6 × 15.5 cm), Image: 7 3/8 × 6 1/8 inches (18.7 × 15.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "Juer 1889"
Lettered, lower left: "J.Downman pinxt."; lettered, lower right: "F.Bartolozzi sculp."; lettered, lower center: "GEORGE JAMES RIDDELL,"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bow (costume accessory) | buttonholes | buttons | coat | curls | epaulets | fringe | man | oval | portrait | profile (figure) | stock | vest | wig
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), George James Riddell, 1784
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.