Portrait of Lt. J. G. Riddell
- Former Title(s):
George James Riddell,
- Stipple engraving and etching, in red ink on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 8 1/8 x 6 1/8 inches (20.6 x 15.5 cm) and Image (oval): 7 3/8 x 6 1/8 inches (18.7 x 15.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "Juer 1889"
Lettered, lower left: "J. Downman pinx.t"; lower right: "F. Bartolozzi sculp."; lower center: "GEORGE JAMES RIDDELL,"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bow (costume accessory) | buttonholes | buttons | coat | curls | epaulets | fringe | man | oval | portrait | profile (figure) | stock | vest | wig
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Portrait of Lt. J. G. Riddell, 1784
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.