Part of Waterloo Bridge with the Shot Tower, &c.
- Additional Title(s):
Part of Waterloo Bridge with the Shot Tower, etc.
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching and line engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 17 1/2 x 11 13/16 inches (44.5 x 30 cm), Plate: 9 15/16 x 7 1/2 inches (25.2 x 19.1 cm), Sheet: 9 13/16 x 7 5/16 inches (25 x 18.6 cm), Image: 7 13/16 x 5 7/8 inches (19.8 x 14.9 cm)
Lettered in black ink, on chine collé, lower left: "Drawn by Clarkson Stanfield A. R. A."; on chine collé, lower center: "Part of WATERLOO BRIDGE with the SHOT TOWER. &c"; on chine collé, lower right: "Engraved by George Cooke. 1832. | Published by Longman & Co. J & A. Arch. & G Cooke."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- anchors (watercraft equipment) | arch | architectural subject | architecture | boats | bridge (built work) | buildings | cargo | chains | chimney | cityscape | columns (architectural elements) | equipment | genre subject | hats | labor | machinery | marine art | men | pillars | river | shack | shot tower | stairs | tools | trousers | workers | working
- Associated Places:
- City of Westminster | England | Greater London | Lambeth | London | Shot Tower, Lambeth | Thames | United Kingdom | Waterloo Bridge
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by George Cooke, 1781–1834, British, Part of Waterloo Bridge with the Shot Tower, &c, 1832
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.