- Mrs. Abington as Thalia
- ca. 1783
- Etching and stipple engraving, with hand colored ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 9 3/16 x 7 1/8 inches (23.4 x 18.1 cm) and Image: 9 1/8 x 6 3/4 inches (23.1 x 17.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, center left: "144"; lower center: "Mrs Abington 1783 [...]" ; lower right: "Juer 1617 | (IR31 / 1036a)"
Lettered, in black ink, lower left: "Rd. Cosway R. A. Delint"; lower center: "[...]"; lower right: "F. Bartolozzi Sculp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- actress | bust | crook, shepherd's | flowers (plants) | garlands | hills | lyre | mask | monument | mythology | pearls | performance | pipes | religious and mythological subject | ribbon | roses (plant) | sandals | sash | skirt | stage | stream | tambourine | theater (discipline) | trees | woman | woman
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
Abington, Frances (1737–1815), actress
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Mrs. Abington as Thalia, ca. 1783
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.