- Stipple engraving on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 12 9/16 x 10 1/4 inches (31.9 x 26 cm), Plate: 9 7/16 x 7 3/8 inches (24 x 18.8 cm), and Image (oval): 3 11/16 x 3 1/16 inches (9.4 x 7.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper left: "t"; on back, lower center: "Mrs (rs underlined) Chambers | mother of the Banker | (horizontal line)"; on back, lower right: "Juer 1634 1638? | Proof | 12s/ | Proof JW (initials in monogram) | (IR31/1055) III/IV"
Lettered in brown ink, along lower left border of oval image: "B. Myers pinxt,,"; along lower right border of oval image: "F. Bartolozzi Sculpt,,"; lower left: "Pubd,, July 1th,, 1782"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- costume | curls | hand | hat | oval | portrait | ribbon | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Mrs. Chambers, 1782
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.