Princess Charlotte Augusta, 1797
- Additional Title(s):
- ca. 1797
- Stipple engraving and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 18 1/8 x 13 7/8 inches (46 x 35.3 cm), Plate: 15 1/2 x 12 7/16 inches (39.4 x 31.6 cm), and Image: 13 3/4 x 10 5/8 inches (35 x 27 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on front, lower center: "Princess Charlotte"; on back, lower right: "Juer 1600"
Lettered, in black ink, lower right under image: "F Bartolozzi Sculps. 1797"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- baby | cape | children | crib | curtains | doves | feathers | fur | lace | lion | portrait | princesses | royalty | silk | sleeping | tassels
- Associated People:
- Princess Charlotte of Mecklenburg-Strelitz
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Linda Colley, Crown Pictorial : Art and the British Monarchy : Exhibition Labels, , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, 1990, pp.44-45, No. 105, N8219 K5 C761 1990 (YCBA)
Linda Colley, Crown Pictorial : Art and the British Monarchy, , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, 1990, p, 36, no. 105, no. 105, N8219 K5 C76 1990 (YCBA)