- Former Title(s):
Miss Eyre, This is the Age when human bliss stands still, Enjoys the good without the fear of ill. 1778.
- Additional Title(s):
Miss Harriet Eyre of Bath
- Materials & Techniques:
- Line engraving and stipple engraving, printed in brown ink on medium, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 x 4 inches (15.2 x 10.2 cm), Sheet: 5 1/4 x 3 1/2 inches (13.3 x 8.9 cm), Image: 4 5/8 x 3 inches (11.7 x 7.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "Miss Eyre"; lower right: "scarce"; lower right: "[...]"
Lettered, in brown ink, lower left: "Cosway del."; lettered, lower right: "F Bartolozzi Sculp : 1778"; lettered, lower center: "This is the Age, when human bliss stands still, | Enjoys the good, without the fear of ill.~ | Published Nov. 7, 1778, as the Act directs by F. Bartolozzi, London."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bonnet | child | cushion | dog (animal) | dress | girl | plume | portrait | sash | tassel
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Miss Eyre, 1778
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.