- Miss Gunning
- ca. 1796
- Stipple engraving on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 5/16 x 6 1/8 inches (21.1 x 15.6 cm) and Image: 3 3/8 x 2 5/8 inches (8.5 x 6.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Miss Gunning"; on back, lower left: "1x"; on back, lower center: "Juer 1802 | (IR31/1080)"; on back, lower right: "3/6 | 106 (crossed out)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- costume | curls | novelist | oval | portrait | translator | turban | woman | writer
- Associated People:
- Gunning, Elizabeth (1769–1823), novelist
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Miss Gunning, ca. 1796
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.