- ca. 1796
- Stipple engraving on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 8 5/16 x 6 1/8 inches (21.1 x 15.6 cm) and Image (oval): 3 3/8 x 2 5/8 inches (8.5 x 6.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Miss Gunning"; on back, lower left: "1x"; on back, lower center: "Juer 1802 | (IR31/1080)"; on back, lower right: "3/6 | 106 (crossed out)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- costume | curls | novelist | oval | portrait | translator | turban | woman | writer
- Associated People:
- Gunning, Elizabeth (1769–1823), novelist
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Miss Gunning, ca. 1796
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.