- Additional Title(s):
Blockley Church: To the Rev'd Charles Jasper Selwyn A.M. This Plate is Inscribed by his Obliged & Obedient Servant, R. Bigland.
- ca. 1793
- Line engraving with etching on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 8 5/16 x 11 11/16 inches (21.1 x 29.7 cm) and Image (oval): 7 1/8 x 10 7/8 inches (18.1 x 27.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, center right along vertical paper edge: "Worces"
Lettered, in black ink, lower left under image: "Drawn by H. C. Selwyn."; lower center: "BLOCKLEY CHURCH. | (below is a crest with ivy hanging off of it, a diagonal stripe top left to lower right, with three hollow circles drawn over the stripe; the crest divides two continuous lines of text) | To the Rev.d Charles Jasper Selwyn A. M. | This Plate is Inscribed by his Obliged & Obedient Servant | R. Bigland"; lower right under image: "Engraved by T. Bonnor."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural | cemetery | church | clock | clouds | designs | doors | gift | grass | graves | hills | path | plants | sculpture | spires | tower (building division) | trees | windows
- Associated Places:
- Blockley | Blockley Church | Church of St. Peter and St. Paul | England | Gloucestershire | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Bonnor, ca. 1740–ca. 1812, British, Blockley Church, ca. 1793
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.