Clapham Manor-House, Surry
- between 1804 and 1822
- Aquatint and etching, hand-colored on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 8 x 10 inches (20.3 x 25.4 cm) and Image: 5 1/16 x 7 5/16 inches (12.8 x 18.5 cm)
Watermark: JW Watman | 1822
Lettered, lower center: "Drawn & Engraved by J. Hassell ____ | Clapham Manor-house | SURRY. | London Pub.d by J. Hassell 1st. June 1804."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | building | canes | country house | garden | genre subject | green | house | leisure | log | manor | manor house | men | park (grounds) | reeds | river | riverbanks | sitting | top hats | trees
- Associated Places:
- Bedfordshire | Clapham | England | Europe | Surrey | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
John Hassell, 1767–1825, British, Clapham Manor-House, Surry, between 1804 and 1822
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.