Clapham Manor-House, Surry
- between 1804 and 1822
- Materials & Techniques:
- Aquatint and etching, hand-colored on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 8 × 10 inches (20.3 × 25.4 cm), Image: 5 1/16 × 7 5/16 inches (12.8 × 18.5 cm)
Watermark: JW Watman | 1822
Lettered, lower center: "Drawn & Engraved by J. Hassell ____ | Clapham Manor-house | SURRY. | London Pub.d by J. Hassell 1st. June 1804."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | building | canes | country house | garden | genre subject | green | house | leisure | log | manor | manor house | men | park (grounds) | reeds | river | riverbanks | sitting | top hats | trees
- Associated Places:
- Bedfordshire | Clapham | England | Europe | Surrey | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Hassell, 1767–1825, British, Clapham Manor-House, Surry, between 1804 and 1822
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.