- Knighton, the Seat of George M. Bisset, Esq.
- before 1781
- Etching on medium, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 8 9/16 x 11 1/8 inches (21.7 x 28.3 cm), Plate: 6 1/8 x 8 1/4 inches (15.5 x 20.9 cm), and Image: 5 3/16 x 7 11/16 inches (13.2 x 19.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Werrfo(?) | 6"; on back, lower center: "Isle Wight Hampshire"
Lettered in black ink, lower center: "Knighton the Seat of George M Bisset Esqr."; lower right: "Richd. Godfrey Sc"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | buildings | hills | island | landscape | manor house | sea | trees
- Associated Places:
- England | Isle of Wight | Knighton | Knighton Gorges Manor | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Richard Bernard Godfrey, 1728–op.1794, British, Knighton, the Seat of George M. Bisset, Esq, before 1781
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.