- Additional Title(s):
- Etching and stipple engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 7 1/2 × 5 7/16 inches (19 × 13.8 cm) and 4 15/16 × 3 7/8 inches (12.5 × 9.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower center: "Juer 825 | (IR31/1091)"; on back, lower right: "C1091 III/III | letter proof | JW (initials in monogram)"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Sr. J. Reynolds Pinxt."; lower center: "MRS, LENOX. | Pub'd E. Harding Fleet Street March 1, 1792."; lower right: "F. Bartolozzi Esq. R. A. Sculp"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- author | book | costume | curls | illustration | novel | novelist | portrait | woman | writer
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
Lennox, Charlotte (1730/31?–1804), novelist and writer
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Mrs. Lenox, 1792
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.