- Lady Sinclair
- Stipple engraving on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 12 7/16 x 9 1/16 inches (31.6 x 23 cm), Plate: 8 9/16 x 6 1/4 inches (21.7 x 15.9 cm), and Image: 5 1/16 x 4 inches (12.8 x 10.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "6 d(?)"; on back, lower right: "7/6"
Lettered in black ink, along lower left border of oval image: "R. Cosway R. A. del."; along lower right border of oval image: "Mno. Bovi Sculp. late Pupil to F. Bartolozzi R. A."; lower center: "HONBLE. LADY SINCLAIR. | London Publish'd May 20, 1791, by Mno. Bovi, No. 81, Great Titchfield Street."; lower right: "Printed By W. Leaton"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beads | cap | curls | dress | headpiece | lace | nobility | oval | pearls | portrait | trim | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Marino Bovi, Italian, 1758–ca.1805, Italian, Lady Sinclair, 1791
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.