IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Mrs. Hannah Sparke, undated
Mrs. Hannah Sparke
- Stipple engraving printed in brown ink on medium, smooth, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 5 x 4 3/4 inches (12.7 x 12.1 cm), Plate: 4 7/8 x 4 5/8 inches (12.4 x 11.7 cm), Image: 2 1/4 x 1 7/8 inches (5.7 x 4.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on front, lower center: "Mrs Hannah Sparke"; in graphite, on back, lower center: "Mrs H Sparke"; lower right: "Juer 1711"; lower center: "F Bartolozzi"; lower right: "Proof JW"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bonnet | bow (costume accessory) | cloak | fur | hood | oval | portrait | woman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.