Georgiana, Countess Spencer
- Stipple engraving with etching in brown ink on medium, smooth, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 5/8 x 6 1/2 inches (21.9 x 16.5 cm), Plate: 8 3/8 x 6 3/8 inches (21.3 x 16.2 cm), and Image (oval): 4 7/8 x 4 inches (12.4 x 10.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, center: "w/o"; lower center: "Georgiana Countess Spencer"
Marked with brown pencil smudge, lower center, on front
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buttons (fasteners) | coat | countess | orange | oval | portrait | sepia | stock | trees | vest | wig | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Georgiana, Countess Spencer, 1782
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.