- The Watercress Girl
- Mezzotint and etching on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 13 1/2 x 9 7/8 inches (34.3 x 25.1 cm) and Image: 10 3/4 x 8 1/16 inches (27.3 x 20.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "Juer 1376" | (IR31/1301)"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "F. Wheatley R. A Invt. & Delt.."; lower right: "F. Bartolozzi. Esqr.. R. A. Sculpt.."; lower center: "London, Pubd.. as the Act Directs Janry. 6. 1976. by Anthy. Molteno Printseller to her Royal Highness the Dutchess of York. No. 76. St. Jamess Street.
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- agriculture | barefoot | basket | bonnet | chimney | costume | dog (animal) | dress | farming | fence | genre subject | girl | hills | houses | landscape | mountains | stream | walking | watercress | waterfall | woman | worker
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), The Watercress Girl, 1796
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.