The Watercress Girl
- Line engraving and stipple engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 13 1/2 × 9 7/8 inches (34.3 × 25.1 cm), Image: 10 3/4 × 8 1/16 inches (27.3 × 20.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "Juer 1376" | (IR31/1301)"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "F. Wheatley R. A Invt. & Delt.."; lower right: "F. Bartolozzi. Esqr.. R. A. Sculpt.."; lower center: "London, Pubd.. as the Act Directs Janry. 6. 1976. by Anthy. Molteno Printseller to her Royal Highness the Dutchess of York. No. 76. St. Jamess Street.
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- agriculture | barefoot | basket | bonnet | chimney | costume | dog (animal) | dress | farming | fence | genre subject | girl | hills | houses | landscape | mountains | stream | walking | watercress | waterfall | woman | worker
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), The Watercress Girl, 1796
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.