Dudley Castle from the Court
- Part Of:
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 3 15/16 x 6 9/16 inches (10 x 16.6 cm), Plate (lower plate mark cropped off): 3 7/8 x 5 15/16 inches (9.9 x 15.1 cm), and Image: 2 3/8 x 3 3/8 inches (6.1 x 8.6 cm)
Lettered in black ink, lower center: "Engrav'd by J. Greig, for the Antiquarian & Topographical Cabinet, from a Drawing by J. Storer. | Dudley Castle, from the Court. | Published for the Proprietors by W. Clarke, New Bond St. & J. Carpenter, Old Bond St. June 1, 1810."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | castle | courtyard | ruins
- Associated Places:
- Dudley | Dudley | Dudley Castle | England | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
John Greig, active 1800–1853, British, Dudley Castle from the Court, 1810
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.