Tancred and Clorinda
- Stipple engraving on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 1/8 x 9 3/16 inches (28.3 x 23.4 cm), Plate: 10 11/16 x 8 3/4 inches (27.2 x 22.2 cm), Image: 8 1/8 x 6 11/16 inches (20.7 x 17 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, on front, lower center: "Tancred & Clorinda"; lower left, in graphite: "[...] 2/6"; lower center, in graphite: "[...] +11 308"; lower right, in graphite: "[...]"; on back, in graphite, lower center: "217"
Lettered, lower left: "Angelica Kauffman pinxt."; lettered, lower right: "F. Bartolozzi Sculp 1785"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- battle | Christian religion | Christianity | death | dying | epics | feather | helmets | Islam | Islamic (Muslim) | Jerusalem | Jerusalem Delivered, 1581 | knights | literary theme | love | lovers | mythology | portrait | sword | the First Crusade | trees | valley | wars
- Associated People:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Tancred and Clorinda, 1785
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.