Red-Scar, the Residence of William Cross, Esquire
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 8 x 10 3/4 inches (20.3 x 27.3 cm), Plate: 7 x 9 9/16 inches (17.7 x 24.3 cm), and Image: 4 3/16 x 6 7/16 inches (10.6 x 16.3 cm)
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by G. Pickering."; lower center: "RED-SCAR, | THE RESIDENCE OF W.M CROSS, ESQ. | FISCHER, SON & CO. LONDON, 1832."; lower right: "Engraved by Tho.s Higham."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | buildings | carts | country house | cows | hay | herd | hiking | hills | labor | landscape | mansion | men | mountains | river | riverbank | sheep | trees | walking | women
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Lancashire | Preston | Red Scar | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Higham, 1796–1844, British, Red-Scar, the Residence of William Cross, Esquire, 1832
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.