Red-Scar, the Residence of William Cross, Esquire
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 8 x 10 3/4 inches (20.3 x 27.3 cm), Plate: 7 x 9 9/16 inches (17.7 x 24.3 cm), and Image: 4 3/16 x 6 7/16 inches (10.6 x 16.3 cm)
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by G. Pickering."; lower center: "RED-SCAR, | THE RESIDENCE OF W.M CROSS, ESQ. | FISCHER, SON & CO. LONDON, 1832."; lower right: "Engraved by Tho.s Higham."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | buildings | carts | country house | cows | hay | herd | hiking | hills | labor | landscape | mansion | men | mountains | river | riverbank | sheep | trees | walking | women
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Lancashire | Preston | Red Scar | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Higham, 1796–1844, British, Red-Scar, the Residence of William Cross, Esquire, 1832
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.