Inverlochy Castle, Invernesshire
- Additional Title(s):
Battle of Inverlochy
- Part Of:
- Etching and line engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 8 1/2 x 11 3/16 inches (21.6 x 28.4 cm) and Image: 4 1/2 x 6 3/4 inches (11.5 x 17.2 cm)
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "T. Allom."; lower center: "INVERLOCHY CASTLE. | (Invernesshire.) | London, Published for the Proprietors, by Geo: Virtue, 26, Ivy Lane, 1836."; lower right: "H. Griffith."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | armed forces | battle | castle | escape | hills | horse (animal) | landscape | mountains | pointing | ruins | running | sailboat | troops
- Associated Places:
- Fort William | Highland | Inverlochy Castle | Lochy, River (stream) | Scotland | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Griffiths, 1835–1849, British, Inverlochy Castle, Invernesshire, 1836
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.