Inverlochy Castle, Invernesshire
- Additional Title(s):
Battle of Inverlochy
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching and line engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 1/2 × 11 3/16 inches (21.6 × 28.4 cm), Image: 4 1/2 × 6 3/4 inches (11.5 × 17.2 cm)
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "T. Allom."; lower center: "INVERLOCHY CASTLE. | (Invernesshire.) | London, Published for the Proprietors, by Geo: Virtue, 26, Ivy Lane, 1836."; lower right: "H. Griffith."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | armed forces | battle | castle | escape | hills | horse (animal) | landscape | mountains | pointing | ruins | running | sailboat | troops
- Associated Places:
- Fort William | Highland | Inverlochy Castle | Lochy, River (stream) | Scotland | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Henry Griffiths, 1835–1849, British, Inverlochy Castle, Invernesshire, 1836
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.