IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Cleone, 1784
- Additional Title(s):
- Stipple engraving on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 12 7/8 × 10 7/8 inches (32.7 × 27.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, center: "Cleone"; lower left: "A Kauffman"; lower right: "F Bartolozzi | JW | Juer 1311 | (IR31/1378)"
Lettered, in brown ink, lower left (along oval): "Angelica Kauffman Pinxi.t"; lower right (along oval): "F. Bartolozzi sculpsit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Asopus: offspring, companion(s), train | branch | child | cloth | daughter | dress | forest | gods - classical mythology | Greek | hair | mythology | nymphs | portrait | religious and mythological subject | rocks (landforms) | sandals | seasons | sleeping | spring | trees
- Associated People:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.