The House of William Russell, Esq., Showell Green
- Part Of:
- Aquatint and etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper, pasted on left edge to B1977.14.14752b
- Sheet: 8 9/16 x 11 13/16 inches (21.8 x 30 cm), Plate: 7 3/8 x 9 1/2 inches (18.8 x 24.1 cm), and Image: 5 x 7 3/8 inches (12.7 x 18.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Worcester"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Drawn by P. H. Wilton Junr."; lower center: "The House of WILLIAM RUSSELL Esq. Showell Green. | London. Published 1 May 1792, by J. Johnson, St. Paul's Church Yard."; lower right: "Engraved by Wm. Ellis."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | barriers | coats | costume | garden | genre subject | gesture | green | hats | house | landscape | men | park (grounds) | pointing | ruins | staff (walking stick) | talking | trees
- Associated Places:
- Birmingham | Birmingham | England | Showell Green | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
William Ellis, 1747–1810, British, The House of William Russell, Esq., Showell Green, 1792
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.