- Virtuous Love
- Stipple engraving and etching on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 5/8 x 8 3/4 inches (19.4 x 22.2 cm) and Image: 5 1/8 x 6 3/8 inches (13 x 16.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite on back, lower right: "[...] 1035 | Proof .JW"
Lettered, in black ink, lower center: "Painted by W, Hamilton R.A. London Pubd. as the Act directs May 1, 1793 by P. W. Tomkins, No,, 49, New Bond Str.t. Engrav'd by F. Bartolozzi, R.A Engraver to his Majesty."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- birds | bonnet | bookcase | books | bows (costume accessories) | boys | breeches | buttonholes | buttons | chair | children | coats | columns | conversation piece | dog (animal) | dresses | family | father | genre subject | girls | lute | man | mother | paper | peacocks (birds) | railing | ribbons | ruffles | sashes | shoes | stock | table | trees | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Virtuous Love, 1793
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.