- Additional Title(s):
- Stipple engraving and etching on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 13 1/2 x 12 3/16 inches (34.3 x 30.9 cm) and Image: 8 3/16 x 10 3/16 inches (20.8 x 25.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on front, lower right: "letter Proof JW"; inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "Juer 795"
Lettered, in black ink, left under image: "Painted by W. Hamilton, R A"; center under image: "London Pub.d as the Act directs Sep.r 5 1798. by P. W. Tomkins. N.o49. New Bond Street."; right under image: "Engraved by F. Bartolozzi R.A. Engraver to his Majesty."; center: "SHEEP -- SHEARING."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bonnet | bucket | children | clouds | farms | fences | flowers (plants) | garlands | genre subject | hat | houses | jacket | landscape | men | porch | rams | ribbon | shears | steps | suits | trees | women | wool
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Sheep-Sheering, 1798
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.