Imogen's Bedchamber in Cymbeline's Palace, 'Cymbeline,' Act II, Scene II
- Part Of:
- Mezzotint and etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 12 13/16 x 16 3/4 inches (32.5 x 42.6 cm), Plate: 10 1/2 x 14 7/8 inches (26.7 x 37.8 cm), and Image: 8 5/8 x 13 1/4 inches (21.9 x 33.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "Proof."; on back, lower right: "Juer 234-235 | (IR31/1840)"
Lettered in brown ink, lower left: "W. Martin inv. et pinx."; lower center: "Pubd. as the Act direts [sic] May 22, 1786."; lower right: "F. Bartolozzi Sculps. 1786."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- adultery | armor | bed | bedroom | bench | book | candle | costume | Cymbeline, play by William Shakespeare | interior | lamp | literary theme | literary theme | man | mirror | mole | nude | play | plotting | portrait | romance | scheming | scroll (information artifact) | sleeping | stealing | table | tassel | theft | toga | tragedy | trunk | woman | writing (processes)
- Associated People:
- Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
Shakespeare, William (1564–1616), playwright and poet
Imogen (character in Cymbeline)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Imogen's Bedchamber in Cymbeline's Palace, 'Cymbeline,' Act II, Scene II, 1786
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.