Ham Court, the Seat of John Martin, Esq.
- Additional Title(s):
Ham Court, The Seat of John Martin, Esquire
- Etching and line engraving on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 1/4 x 10 1/4 inches (28.6 x 26 cm), Plate (left portion cropped off): 9 5/16 x 7 7/8 inches (23.7 x 20 cm), and Image: 4 9/16 x 7 5/16 inches (11.6 x 18.5 cm)
Lettered in black ink, lower center: "Ham Court the Seat of John Martin Esqr,,"; lower right: "J Caldwall sculp"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- birds | boats | building | castle | clouds | donkeys | field | flag | grazing | house | landscape | man | manor | mansion | marine art | masts | oars | pasture | poles | punt (boat) | river | riverbanks | sailboats | sails | seaman | sheep | shepherd | trees
- Associated Places:
- Bampton | Bampton Castle | England | Ham Court | Oxfordshire | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James Caldwall, 1739–1819, British, Ham Court, the Seat of John Martin, Esq, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.