The Tower from the River
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper with beige chine collé
- 9 13/16 x 12 1/16 inches (25 x 30.6 cm), 4 15/16 x 8 inches (12.5 x 20.3 cm), 4 9/16 x 7 7/16 inches (11.6 x 18.9 cm), and 3 1/4 x 4 13/16 inches (8.2 x 12.3 cm)
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by P. Dewint."; lower center: "THE TOWER FROM THE RIVER. | Published by Hurst, Robinson & Co. London, 1825"; lower right: "Engraved by Cha.s Heath."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bay (body of water) | boats | buildings | correctional institution | docks | flags | jail | marine art | masts | merchants | moorings | piers | punts | rigging | rowboats | rowing | sailboats | sailing | sails | shipping | ships | towers (building divisions) | wharves
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | London | Thames | Tower of London | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Charles Heath, 1785–1848, British, The Tower from the River, 1825
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.