The Tower from the River
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper with beige chine collé
- Sheet: 9 13/16 x 12 1/16 inches (25 x 30.6 cm), Plate: 4 15/16 x 8 inches (12.5 x 20.3 cm), Sheet (chine collé): 4 9/16 x 7 7/16 inches (11.6 x 18.9 cm), and Image: 3 1/4 x 4 13/16 inches (8.2 x 12.3 cm)
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by P. Dewint."; lower center: "THE TOWER FROM THE RIVER. | Published by Hurst, Robinson & Co. London, 1825"; lower right: "Engraved by Cha.s Heath."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | bay (body of water) | boats | buildings | correctional institution | docks | flags | jail | marine art | masts | merchants | moorings | piers | punts | rigging | rowboats | rowing | sailboats | sailing | sails | shipping | ships | towers (building divisions) | wharves
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | London | Thames | Tower of London | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Charles Heath, 1785–1848, British, The Tower from the River, 1825
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.