- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper with beige chine collé
- Sheet: 9 13/16 x 12 1/16 inches (25 x 30.7 cm), Plate: 4 7/8 x 7 7/8 inches (12.4 x 20 cm), Sheet: 4 11/16 x 7 11/16 inches (11.9 x 19.5 cm), Image: 3 1/4 x 5 3/8 inches (8.2 x 13.6 cm)
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by P. Dewint."; lower center: "TOWER HILL. | Published by Hurst, Robinson, & Co., London 1825"; lower right: "Engraved by Cha.s Heath."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | baskets | bonnets | buildings | carriages | carts | correctional institution | food | hill | horses (animals) | jail | lampposts | markets | men | square | tower (building division) | vendors | women
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Greater London | Tower Hamlets | Tower of London | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.