- Etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper with beige chine collé
- Sheet: 9 13/16 x 12 1/16 inches (25 x 30.7 cm), Plate: 4 7/8 x 7 7/8 inches (12.4 x 20 cm), Sheet (chine collé): 4 11/16 x 7 11/16 inches (11.9 x 19.5 cm), and Image: 3 1/4 x 5 3/8 inches (8.2 x 13.6 cm)
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by P. Dewint."; lower center: "TOWER HILL. | Published by Hurst, Robinson, & Co., London 1825"; lower right: "Engraved by Cha.s Heath."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | baskets | bonnets | buildings | carriages | carts | correctional institution | food | hill | horses (animals) | jail | lampposts | markets | men | square | tower (building division) | vendors | women
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Greater London | Tower Hamlets | Tower of London | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.