The Penitentiary and Distant View of Westminster Bridge
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 4 1/4 x 6 1/2 inches (10.8 x 16.5 cm) and Plate: 2 11/16 x 5 3/8 inches (6.8 x 13.6 cm)
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by P. Dewint"; lower center: "THE PENITENTIARY. | & DISTANT VIEW OF WESTMINSTER ABBEY. | Published by Hurst, Robinson, & Co. London 1825"; lower right: "Engraved by Cha.s Heath."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | boats | bridge (built work) | church | city | cityscape | correctional institution | docks | jail | mooring | piers | river | rowboats | rowing | sailboats | sailing | shipping | ships | towers (building divisions) | wharves
- Associated Places:
- City of London | City of Westminster | England | Europe | Greater London | Thames | Tower of London | United Kingdom | Westminster bridge
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Charles Heath, 1785–1848, British, The Penitentiary and Distant View of Westminster Bridge, 1825
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.