Manse and Church of Cults, the Birthplace of Wilkie
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 8 1/8 x 8 11/16 inches (20.6 x 22 cm) and Image (no border): 5 3/16 x 6 11/16 inches (13.1 x 17 cm)
Lettered in black ink, center left, along lower left border of oval image: "D. Kennedy, del."; center right, along lower right border of oval image: "J. Cousens, Sc."; lower center: "Manse and Church of Cults. | The Birth Place of Wilkie. | GEORGE VIRTUE LONDON & NEW YORK"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- agriculture | architectural subject | church | fields | genre subject | headscarf | hills | house | landscape | manse | men | path | road | sheep | shepherds | tartan | trees | village | walking | walls | women
- Associated Places:
- Cults | Europe | Fife | Scotland | United Kingdom
- Associated People:
- Wilkie, Sir David (1785–1841), painter of genre, historical subjects, and portraits
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
John Cousen, 1804–1880, British, Manse and Church of Cults, the Birthplace of Wilkie, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.