Ticket: For the Benefit of Mr. Salpietro
- Additional Title(s):
Ticket: For the Benefit of Mr. Sal Pietro
- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching and stipple engraving on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/16 x 7 5/8 inches (25.6 x 19.4 cm), Plate: 7 15/16 x 5 15/16 inches (20.1 x 15.1 cm), Image: 3 3/4 x 4 13/16 inches (9.5 x 12.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "before the plate was cut | Proof"; on back, upper center, written sideways: "3 | 1h (horizontal line separating 3 and 1h)"; on back, upper right, written sideways: "33 (3 horizontal lines) cpl No 94"; on back, lower center: "a Salpietro ticket | 2/22 | scarce proof"; on back, lower right: "before the plate was cut down | JW (in monogram) | (IR31/1941a)"
Lettered in black ink, center, beneath image, under grass to the left: "F. Vieira Portuensi [swirled mark] inv."; beneath image, under grass near center: "F. Bartolozzi Sculp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- banner | boy | branches | child | clouds | event | fire | historical subject | man | music | musician | mythology | putto | ruins | torch | trumpet | violinist | wall | wings
- Associated People:
- Salpietro, Giovanni (active 1782–1799), violinist
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Ticket: For the Benefit of Mr. Salpietro, 1799
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.