- St. Cecilia
- Mezzotint and etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 12 1/8 x 8 15/16 inches (30.8 x 22.7 cm), Plate: 8 5/8 x 7 1/2 inches (21.9 x 19.1 cm), and Image: 4 1/4 x 3 5/16 inches (10.8 x 8.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "1/"; on back, lower right: "Juer 1936 | (IR31/2217)"
Lettered in brown ink, along lower left outline of oval image: "Benjamin West inv."; along lower right outline of oval image: "F. Bartolozzi Sculpst."; lower center: "ST. CECILIA. | London. Published June 1st, 1784, by A : Poggi, No. 7, St. Georges Row, Hyde Park."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Christianity | clouds | costume | dress | music | musical instrument | organ (aerophone) | oval | portrait | pulling | putto | religious and mythological subject | rope | sandals | shawl | woman
- Associated People:
- St. Cecilia as patroness of music
St. Cecilia making music and/or singing
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), St. Cecilia, 1784
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.