IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Miles Edmund Cotman, 1810–1858, British, Barge on the Medway with Warships Grampian and Dreadnaugh in the Background, ca. 1838
Barge on the Medway with Warships Grampian and Dreadnaugh in the Background
- ca. 1838
- Etching on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 4 7/16 × 8 1/16 inches (11.3 × 20.5 cm), Image: 4 1/16 × 7 11/16 inches (10.3 × 19.6 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- barge (flat-bottomed watercraft) | hay | marine art | masts | river | rowboat | sailboats | sails | seamen | ships | warships
- Associated Places:
- England | Europe | Medway | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.