Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, Stag at Bay - Scene near Taplow, Berks, between 1795 and 1801
Stag at Bay - Scene near Taplow, Berks.
- between 1795 and 1801
- Watercolor with pen and red, black, gray and brown ink on thick, moderately textured, beige, wove paper
- Sheet: 16 5/16 x 20 5/8 inches (41.4 x 52.4 cm)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- dogs (animals) | horses (animals) | hunting | men | plants | riverbank | shrubs | sporting art | stag | stream | trees | women
- Associated Places:
- Buckinghamshire | England | Europe | Taplow | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.