Grown Ladies Taught to Dance
- Line engraving, etching and stipple engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 14 11/16 x 10 3/4 inches (37.3 x 27.3 cm), Plate: 11 15/16 x 9 9/16 inches (30.4 x 24.3 cm), and Image: 10 1/4 x 8 13/16 inches (26.1 x 22.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "41876"
Lettered, lower center: "GROWN LADIES TAUGHT TO DANCE. | Engraved from an Original Picture of M.r D. Dodd. | London, Printed for Rob.t Sayer, Map & Printseller, No. 53 in Fleet Street."; lower right: "P. Crotchet Sculpt. | Published as the Act directs Jan. 1, 1768."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bear | books | bows | caricature | dancing | dogs (animals) | dresses | genre subject | interior | mandolin | monkey (animal) | music | obese | old | paintings | roses | satire | teaching | window | women
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by P. Crotchet, active 1768, British, Grown Ladies Taught to Dance, 1768
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.