- `Sketches of Mares and Foals' - an illustrated letter addressed to J. S. Barry, Esq., and dated Aug. 11, 1800
- Pen and black ink on thin, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 15 5/16 x 12 1/2in. (38.9 x 31.8cm) and Sheet: 15 3/4 × 12 5/8 inches (40 × 32.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink: "Sir--I beg pardon for sending such a Dirty piece of paper your goodness I [...] will excuse it. [continued]"
Signed and dated in pen and black ink: "Francis Sartorius | Belmont, Aug. 11, 1800"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Francis Sartorius, 1734–1804, British, `Sketches of Mares and Foals' - an illustrated letter addressed to J. S. Barry, Esq., and dated Aug. 11, 1800, 1800
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.