View of the Louvre and Bridge of the Tuilleries taken from Pont Neuf
- Additional Title(s):
Vue du Louvre et du Pont de Thuilleries Prise du Pont Neuf
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching and aquatint on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 16 1/4 × 24 5/8 inches (41.3 × 62.5 cm), Plate: 9 7/8 × 21 inches (25.1 × 53.3 cm), Image: 6 7/8 × 17 7/8 inches (17.5 × 45.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, top right: "2" in circle; bottom center: "Paper [...] 1812"
Watermark, middle left: "J. Whatman | 1812"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Associated Places:
- Europe | France | Jardins des Tuileries | Musée du Louvre | Palais des Tuileries | Paris | Pont Neuf | Seine | Île-de-France
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Girtin, 1775–1802, British, View of the Louvre and Bridge of the Tuilleries taken from Pont Neuf, 1802
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.