View of Lichfield, The Birth Place of Dr. Samuel Johnson
- Part Of:
- Etching and line engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 6 1/4 × 9 5/16 inches (15.9 × 23.7 cm) and Image: 3 3/4 × 5 7/8 inches (9.5 × 15 cm)
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by C. Stanfield, R.A."; lower center: "View of Lichfield. | The Birth place of D.r Samuel Johnson. | London, Published by John Murray, Albemarle Street, 1835"; lower right: "Engraved by E. Finden."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bonnet | branches | buildings | cathedral | church | city | cityscape | clouds | fences | fishing | genre subject | hats | lake | landscape | leisure | path | peasants | pitcher | river | road | rocks (landforms) | stream | talking | trees | woods
- Associated Places:
- England | Lichfield | Staffordshire | Trent | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Francis Finden, 1791–1857, British, View of Lichfield, The Birth Place of Dr. Samuel Johnson, 1835
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.