IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by William Angus, 1752–1821, British, Flixton Hall in Suffolk, the Seat of Alexander Adair Esqr, undated
Flixton Hall in Suffolk, the Seat of Alexander Adair Esqr.
- Part Of:
Collective Title: The Seats of the Nobility and Gentry in Great Britain and Wales in a Collection of Select Views
- Line engraving and etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 3/8 × 7 7/16 inches (13.7 × 18.9 cm), Image: 4 15/16 × 7 5/16 inches (12.6 × 18.6 cm)
Lettered in black ink, upper right: "Pl. VIII."; lower left: "T. Sandby delt. R. A."; lower center: "Flixton Hall in Suffolk, the Seat of Alexander Adair Esqr."; lower right: "W. Angus sculpt."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | architecture | battlements | birds | bridges (built works) | castle | clouds | country house | fort | landscape | manor house | mansion | men | moat | pediment | shrubs | trees | walls
- Associated Places:
- England | Flixton Hall | Flixton, The Saints | Suffolk | United Kingdom | Waveney
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.