- Barnaby Rudge and his Raven
- Lithograph on moderately thick, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 17 5/16 x 12 inches (44 x 30.5 cm) and Image: 11 13/16 x 9 1/4 inches (30 x 23.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "o'connell"
Marked with imprint, lower left: "Subscriber's Copy, HB"
Lettered, upper right: "HB Sketches No 703"; lower left inside image: "HB"; lower left below image: "Published August 30th 1841 by T McLean, 26, Haymarket"; lower center: "BARNABY RUDGE & HIS RAVEN."; lower right: "Printed at the General Lith.g Estab.t 70, st Martins Ln"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bag | Barnaby Rudge: A Tale of the Riots of Eighty (1841) by Charles Dickens (1812-1870) | basket | bird | boots | genre subject | hat | man | novel | obese | parody | political | politicians | raven | satire | satirical | sketches | staff
- Associated People:
- O'Connell, Daniel (1775–1847), Irish nationalist leader
Russell, Lord John, 1st Earl Russell of Kingston Russell (1792-1878), politician/statesman
Barnaby Rudge (character)
Grip, the loquacious raven
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Doyle ('H.B.'), 1797–1868, Irish, Barnaby Rudge and his Raven, 1841
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.