- Ticket: Anacreontic Society Meeting
- Stipple and line engraving and etching in black ink on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 5 3/4 x 4 1/2 inches (14.6 x 11.4 cm), Plate: 5 7/8 x 4 1/2 inches (14.9 x 11.4 cm), and Image: 4 3/4 x 3 5/8 inches (12.1 x 9.2 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, on front, center: "1:st | Wednesday | 10th Nov. | 79 at 7 | Even: g"; inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "w"; lower center: "2120"; lower right: "5/"
Lettered, in black ink, center: "ANAKR | ANACREONTIC | SOCIETY | MEETING | 17"; lower left: "Lawrenson inv."; lower right: "F. Bartolozzi Sc"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bust | doves | flowers (plants) | inscriptions | literary theme | man | meeting | monument | nudes | stone | trees | vase | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), Ticket: Anacreontic Society Meeting, 1779
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.